vi question. How to return to visual mode.

Manfred Brands mbrands at idca.tds.PHILIPS.nl
Fri Jun 16 19:56:33 AEST 1989

In article <159 at jma.UUCP> max at jma.UUCP (Max Heffler @ Landmark Graphics) writes:
>Some times, in vi, I hit some unknown key sequence that throws me
>into a command mode that I have not been able to return to visual
>mode from.  Any ideas?

That key is the Q (capital). Often I hit it when I want a W.
It puts you in ex mode.
To get back in visual mode just type: vi or visual

--
# Manfred Brands                       INTERNET:  mbrands at idca.tds.philips.nl #
# Philips TDS, Dept. SSP               UUCP:      ...!mcvax!philapd!mbrands   #