Request for examples of mmap(2)

Snoopy snoopy at sopwith.UUCP
Sun Jun 4 03:17:27 AEST 1989

In article <113 at orchid.warwick.ac.uk> maukh at warwick.ac.uk (Sunstorm the Intestinal) writes:

| I need some unbelievably well commented source code which has
| mind-blowingly amazing examples of mmap(2) in it.

It might help to say what system you are using.

>From 4.3 BSD PS1:6-11:

	mmap(addr, len, prot, flags, fd, pos)

This call is not actually implemented in 4.3 BSD, it is planned for a
future release.

>From Utek 2.3 Command Reference section 2:

	mmap(pid, fromaddr, toaddr, len, prot, share)

This was actually implemented.  I once wrote a program that used it.
Can you say "panic"?

|  Unpredecedentedly stomach-explodingly good examples, in fact.

Attempting to use a program written for one of these on a system providing
the other might explode your stomach, all right.

  /_______\   qiclab!sopwith!snoopy			|  	  |
    |___|     parsely!sopwith!snoopy			| tekecs  |
    |___|     sun!nosun!illian!sopwith!snoopy		|_________|

		"I *am* the next man!"  -Indy