Frequently asked questions in these groups deserve a monthly posting

Paul Houtz gph at hpsemc.HP.COM
Sat Jun 10 06:01:05 AEST 1989

sahayman at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (Steve Hayman) writes:

>Maybe this is too far down.  I can change the second paragraph of the
>posting from
>
    >Later on in this article, you'll see the answers to some Frequently
    >Asked Questions.  Please don't ask these questions again, they've
    >been answered plenty of times already.  Thank you.  This article
    >includes answers to:
>
>to something like
>
    >Later on in this article, you'll see the answers to some Frequently
    >Asked Questions.  Please don't ask these questions again, they've
    >been answered plenty of times already - and please don't flame someone
    >just because they may not have read this particular posting.

 Steve, you got my point exactly.  I agree with this change, and with
your appraisal of what I suggested.  I was not trying to give exact wording,
more the "jist".

 I think that the mere fact that somewhere in the FAQ list is says
"don't flame" is enough.  The way you have worded it seems quite acceptable
to me.   Thanks for your efforts, both at accommodating crusty old
curmudgeons like myself, and for trying to help make this newsgroup
more useful!