Frequently asked questions in these groups deserve a monthly posting

Larry Campbell campbell at redsox.bsw.com
Thu Jun 8 13:41:53 AEST 1989

In article <1770 at auspex.auspex.com> guy at auspex.auspex.com (Guy Harris) writes:
->The list need not be huge;  questions with long answers should probably
->refer the reader to the appropriate page in K&R or other suitable reference.
->
->(Yes, I do believe that people without a copy of K&R should not be posting
->in this group.)
-
-I would not go that far; many UNIX users know little or nothing of C,
-and that's just fine.  (Just as many users of VMS know nothing of
-Macro-32 or BLISS, say.)
-
-Now, I'd say that nobody without access to a copy of K&R should be
-posting to "comp.lang.c", but that's another matter.

Oops, you're right.  I temporarily forgot that I was posting to
comp.unix.questions and thought I was back in comp.lang.c (where
there are even _more_ stupid questions, if you can believe it).
--
Larry Campbell                          The Boston Software Works, Inc.
campbell at bsw.com                        120 Fulton Street