What to do with core dumps?

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.uu.net
Wed Jun 21 06:37:05 AEST 1989

My absolutely favorite thing to do with a core dump is turn it into an
executable again. I used to do this to make snapshots of FORTH programs
back in V7 days, and it was very useful. The original inspiration came
from good old Adventure (the 350 point version), of course.

How to do it? Well, in V7 it was easy... a.out and core formats were almost
identical. Today... I don't know. have to look into it some time.

Business: uunet.uu.net!ficc!peter, peter at ficc.uu.net, +1 713 274 5180.
Personal: ...!texbell!sugar!peter, peter at sugar.hackercorp.com.