SCCS for DOS

Guy Harris guy at auspex.auspex.com
Thu Jun 29 04:45:54 AEST 1989

>Consider RCS?  I believe that MKS RCS (By Mortice Kern Systems, Inc)
>works on DOS.

Considering MKS's products tend to be UNIX-style utilities for DOS, I
think that's a safe bet....

>I'm pretty sure that SUN has RCS somewhere on it.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't; I have a Sun and used to work there, and it
ain't in SunOS.  If you get the Version 4 source from Purdue or whatever
(no, I don't know the details of how to get it - if you have 4.3-tahoe
source, it comes with it, in the "/usr/src/new/rcs" directory), it runs
under SunOS.

>That leaves the question of Xenix and I don't have any references for
>that.

If you get the source, it should be possible to make it run under Xenix.

>The program "sccstorcs" is usually available on systems that have RCS,
>usually as "contributed" software.  You should find the program on HP-UX.

And, for the benefit of the person who asked for the source, you can
also find it in the 4.3-tahoe source (in "sccstorcs.c" in
"/usr/src/new/rcs/src").