Frequently asked questions in these groups deserve a monthly posting

Bruce G. Barnett barnett at crdgw1.crd.ge.com
Thu Jun 8 23:48:01 AEST 1989

In article <810063 at hpsemc.HP.COM>, gph at hpsemc (Paul Houtz) writes:

>    It will be very
>    easy for someone new to the group who missed this discussion to miss the
>    summary and post a question that has already been asked.

I would hope that the FAQ postings will have an expire period of 1 month,
and that the news admins don't override the default expire.

Assuming systems use the default expire period of two weeks, then
50% of the time the FAQ posting will be the first article the new reader
sees.

--
Bruce G. Barnett	<barnett at crdgw1.ge.com>  a.k.a. <barnett@[192.35.44.4]>
			uunet!crdgw1.ge.com!barnett barnett at crdgw1.UUCP