Setting up System on AT machine

William Davidsen davidsen at sungod.crd.ge.com
Thu Jun 8 05:46:07 AEST 1989

In article <143900001 at cdp> cassidy at cdp.UUCP writes:

| Could someone please tell me if it's possible to setup AT&tT's System V on a
| 8MHz AT? I presently have an 8 MHz AT, Telebit T2000 modem, Hercules Display,
	[ and other good stuff ]

You have the choice of Microport V/AT (MP is in chapter 11, but the
product is cheap) or Xenix/286 from SCO (which isn't cheap).

If you order from MP I would do it either COD or credit card. I can't
see sending money to a company for a product intil I get it. Some people
will try to tell you that Xenix isn't UNIX, but it is based on AT&T
code, although some of the system management stuff has been hacked.

Note that the Xenix C compiler is not PCC, and that it will produce
MS-DOS executables if you have a use for that kind of thing. I ran Xenix
for 3+ years and it was satisfactory for my uses. Based on the systems
at work I would rate Xenix as more reliable than Microport.
	bill davidsen		(davidsen at crdos1.crd.GE.COM)
  {uunet | philabs}!crdgw1!crdos1!davidsen