Internet and AT&T Unix

Norman S. Soley soley at moegate.UUCP
Tue Jun 6 22:56:25 AEST 1989

In article <56 at telxon.UUCP> gorpong at telxon.UUCP (Gordon C. Galligher) writes:
>As I started building the daemon which will actually open up the internet
>ports, I realized that if this were a system V system, it wouldn't have
>Berkeley sockets.

System V.3 has streams which operates at a diferent level of abstraction
than sockets. It is possible (and in fact has been done by many vendors)
to implement sockets using streams. Other people have written socket libraries
to work under System V. Check with your System V vendor (or more likely
the vendor of your TCP/IP).

--
  Norman Soley - The Communications Guy - Ontario Ministry of the Environment
soley at moegate.UUCP  or if you roll your own:  uunet!attcan!ncrcan!moegate!soley