Setting up System on AT machine

Larry Jones scjones at sdrc.UUCP
Tue Jun 6 08:12:50 AEST 1989

In article <209 at nirvo.UUCP>, kdg at nirvo.UUCP (Kurt Gollhardt) writes:
> In article <143900001 at cdp>, cassidy at cdp.UUCP writes:
> > Could someone please tell me if it's possible to setup AT&T's System V on a
> > 8MHz AT?
>
> Not unless you replace the CPU with an 80386, such as the Intel Inboard 386.
> There is no version of AT&T System V which runs on an 80286 (except the
> version for the AT&T 6300-Plus, but that system has special hardware support).

Well, that's not really true.  Microport System V/AT does run on
an AT although you should be aware that Microport is currently in
Chapter 11.  For further details, see comp.unix.microport.
----
Larry Jones                         UUCP: uunet!sdrc!scjones
SDRC                                      scjones at SDRC.UU.NET
Milford, OH  45150-2789             AT&T: (513) 576-2070
"You can't get a body like mine in a bottle --
unless you push REAL HARD." - Judy Tenuta / Dr. Pepper