Curses manual, example?

ilan343 at violet.berkeley.edu ilan343 at violet.berkeley.edu
Fri Jun 9 09:49:36 AEST 1989

In article <11 at minya.UUCP> jc at minya.UUCP (John Chambers) writes:
>Two questions today, folks.  First, does there exist a good
>intro/manual for the curses/termcap/terminfo package?

There are two Nutshell Handbook by John Strang, "Programming with
Curses" and "Termcap & Terminfo".
(Published by O'Reilley & Associates, Inc., you can order by phone
1-800-338-NUTS)
I have the one on Curses. It makes things a little bit easier than
depending on AT&T's manuals and tutorials, it has many more examples
for one thing.

On the same subject. I have seen an add for a curses toolkit,
"Formation" published by Aspen Scientific.
It promises overlapping windowns and pull-down menus, all ready to use.
Does anyone have hands on experience with this package?