Marketing wizardry & handling of far-east languages.

Tw Cook tw at Atherton.COM
Sat Sep 30 03:31:27 AEST 1989

In article <3260 at amelia.nas.nasa.gov>, samlb at pioneer.arc.nasa.gov (Sam
Bassett RCD) writes:

>	On the other hand, I would counsel the gentleman from Sweden to
>get his company to form a partnership with a Japanese (Korean, etc.)
>company to develop WP software for those languages.  The Japanese, at
>least, have put tremendous effort into handling romaji/katakana/kanji
>input, output, and displays -- they are the _experts_ in the language,
>after all, and know which optimizations and shortcuts will and will not
>work.

I second this recommendation.  In my previous life at HP, handling
foreign languages seemed to be a really big problem; always behind, not
a very good job. Then they transferred a lot of the Unix commands work
to an HP lab in Japan.  Suddenly, the problem got much less severe!

Tw