Listing only the headers when reading news

Blair P. Houghton bph at buengc.BU.EDU
Fri Sep 15 12:21:59 AEST 1989

In article <11650 at boulder.Colorado.EDU> baileyc at tramp.Colorado.EDU (BAILEY CHRISTOPHER R) writes:
>How do I get rn to display only the header of each post/message on
>the net???  Right now, I get the header and however much of each
>message can fit on my screen.  Thanks.

A new school year begins.  :-(

Look, kids, RTFM.

I know the man page for rn/vnews/whateverthehellyouuse is long, but
imagine if we get into discussing everything in it just because you
didn't take care of 99% of that discussion just by R'ing TFM.

You could also post this to news.misc, rather than comp.unix.questions,
since unix has zero to do with news readers, except in how they interface
with peripherals and communicate with other machines.

				--Blair
				  "Not even an answer to this
				   question, because I didn't
				   know it myself until I had