Marketing wizardry & handling of far-east languages.

Sam Bassett RCD samlb at pioneer.arc.nasa.gov
Fri Sep 29 04:06:35 AEST 1989

	I heartily agree that U.S. companies are, for the most part,
abysmally ignorant about internationalization.

	On the other hand, I would counsel the gentleman from Sweden to
get his company to form a partnership with a Japanese (Korean, etc.)
company to develop WP software for those languages.  The Japanese, at
least, have put tremendous effort into handling romaji/katakana/kanji
input, output, and displays -- they are the _experts_ in the language,
after all, and know which optimizations and shortcuts will and will not
work.

	I know what kind of butchery _I_ do to the languages I half-know,
and have seen that kind of English . . .

Sam'l Bassett, Sterling Software @ NASA Ames Research Center,
Moffett Field CA 94035 Work: (415) 694-4792;  Home: (415) 969-2644
samlb at well.sf.ca.us                     samlb at ames.arc.nasa.gov
<Disclaimer> := 'Sterling doesn't _have_ opinions -- much less NASA!'