cu & uucp timeout

Ian Hogg ian at dms.cdc.com
Thu Dec 20 09:49:14 AEST 1990

I'm setting up a modem to a customer site to do things like cu and uucp.  No problem setting up this stuff before.  However, this customer is in Canada and
it is taking quite awhile to set up the connection.  Anyways, I've found out that cu & uucico have built time time out values of 40 seconds.  That is they assume "no answer" if the other end doesn't answer in 40 seconds.

My configuration is an HP370, Trailblazer T2500 modem, and HP uses HDB uucp.

Is there any way to work around this or freely available replacements for cu and uucico.  HP told me that's the way it is and I can buy the source code if I want to change it.

Ian Hogg                                    email:  ian at dms.cdc.com
Empros/Control Data Corporation             phone:  (612)-553-4484
2300 Berkshire Lane N
Plymouth, MN 55441

Ian Hogg                                    email:  ian at dms.cdc.com