help with uucp needed

Ed Hew edhew at xenitec.on.ca
Sun Dec 30 19:55:51 AEST 1990

In article <892 at anomaly.sbs.com> mpd at anomaly.sbs.com (Michael P. Deignan) writes:
>>How do I get this file via uucp w/o a direct connection to anomaly?
>
>You don't. Even assuming we allowed rayssd to UUCP files from us, each
>site in your path would also have to allow the calling site to UUCP to/from
>them.
>
>Sorry to break it to you, but either give up, or break down and call long
>distance.
>-- Domain: mpd at anomaly.sbs.com       -- Box 17220, Esmond, RI 02917  --
>-- UUCP: ...uunet!rayssd!anomaly!mpd -- Telebit:  +1 401 455 0347    --

We could argue whether the uucp man page is broken as we did in
sco.list a few months back, or I could suggest that "uuencode"
is the common tool used to allow one to email non-ascii files
along a multiple hop path.
--
  Ed. A. Hew  <edhew at xenitec.on.ca>,  XeniTec Consulting Services
  or if you're really stuck:  ..!{watmath|lsuc}!xenitec!eah