Help with Uniplex under SCO Unix 3.2.2

Jan Mikkelsen janm at dramba.neis.oz
Sun Dec 30 01:21:22 AEST 1990

In article <4 at prism1.UUCP> dmw at prism1.UUCP (David Wright) writes:

>	I have been having real problems getting Unixplex to work with
>terminals and printers not coming with the package. And even some of the ones
>that did come with it didn't work right, for instance the wyse 60 definition.

Uniplex does all sorts of strange things to a terminfo entry before using
it itself.  The native wyse60 (Tcap) entry worked perfectly with real Wyse
60's, and Link somethings.  They did not work with Esprit 3n1's.  What sort
of problems are you having?  Garbage on the screen?  Boxes all over the place?
Loosing characters?

>	I have also had problems getting their printer (Pcap, Fcap, and Gcap)
>files to work with most printers. I have many printers that emulate the epson
>series, and work with everything else (including WordPerfect doing bit-mapped
>graphics), but they won't work correctly under Uniplex.

Again, what sort of problems are you seeing?  We had all sorts of problems
with the HP laser setup, and ended up just buying a Postscript printer. :-)

>	And lastly, does anyone know why Uniplex treats a "Q" from the main
>menu differently than a F-4 (quit) and an ESC-Q? The last two correctly use the
>terminal de-init string in the Tcap file, but "Q" does not, leaving the
>terminal in a bad state.

This is not my experience;  all of these seem to put the terminal into correct
state on leaving for me.  Which version of Uniplex are you using?

--
Jan Mikkelsen
janm at dramba.neis.oz.AU or janm%dramba.neis.oz at metro.ucc.su.oz.au
"She really is."