PMX/STARMail (was: 3+Open from 3Com - mail question)

Guy Harris guy at auspex.auspex.com
Wed Feb 14 05:49:23 AEST 1990

>The customer service people didn't seem to know about that, although they
>did tell me about Allow-Pwfname to get the names from the passwd file when
>I asked specifically about doing that. (Unfortunately it doesn't know
>about the SysV conventions so root comes out as "0000-Admin(000)"
etc.).

*Ahem* I think "AT&T conventions" - meaning "conventions used by AT&T
internally" is more appropriate here.  There's nothing about S5, as far
as I know, that demands that you use that bizarro syntax for the "gecos"
field; heck, there's little in BSD that demands that you use *their*
bizarro syntax....