How to set a "Reply-To: " filed in the mail header?

Barton E. Schaefer schaefer at ogicse.ogc.edu
Wed Feb 21 03:51:37 AEST 1990

In article <51174 at sgi.sgi.com> roberts at nimrod.wpd.sgi.com (Robert Stephens) writes:
} In article <2773 at umbc3.UMBC.EDU>, rouben at math9.math.umbc.edu (Rouben Rostamian) writes:
} >
} > I use ucb mail in ULTRIX.  I wonder if there is an option to add
} >
} > "Reply-To: a_preferred_return_address"
}
} Not that I know of.  I just had to add such an option to our version of ucb
} Mail in IRIX.  I don't think you can do it at all with standard ucb Mail.

You can't do it "right", but you can do it:

#! /bin/sh
# "mail" front-end for Reply-To: headers
echo -n "Subject: "
read subject
# Note imbedded return in the "" text
mail -s "$subject

I won't go to the work of figuring out how to test for "set ask" before
prompting for the subject, nor how to parse a -s option to the script,
but it can be done.

You still ought to get Mush. ;-)

Just the other mush hacker,
--
Bart Schaefer          "February.  The hangnail on the big toe of the year."
                                                                    -- Duffy

schaefer at cse.ogi.edu (used to be cse.ogc.edu)