How to set a "Reply-To: " filed in the mail header?

Dan Heller argv%turnpike at Sun.COM
Tue Feb 20 18:00:31 AEST 1990

In article <51174 at sgi.sgi.com> roberts at nimrod.wpd.sgi.com (Robert Stephens) writes:
> In article <2773 at umbc3.UMBC.EDU>, rouben at math9.math.umbc.edu (Rouben Rostamian) writes:
> > I use ucb mail in ULTRIX.  I wonder if there is an option to add a header line
> > of the sort:
> Not that I know of.  I just had to add such an option to our version of ucb
> Mail in IRIX.  I don't think you can do it at all with standard ucb Mail.

In Mush, just type:
    my_hdr Reply-To: roberts
and there you go.  Note: Mush is backwards compatible with ucbMail,
so there's no learning curve involved in getting up to speed with
Mush.  However, Mush is as powerful as the other mail packages, if
not more so, so it might be worth your while to ftp it than to
continue hacking your ucbMail.  And while I'm pushing Mush :-),
it's portable to virtually all versions of UNIX (no problems yet)
and there is a DOS version as well.

ftp info: ucbvax:pub/mailers/mush-7.0.tar.Z
those who want the DOS version mail to lmoc at lena.uucp (via uunet).
Mush is currently at version 7.0.4.  7.1 will be out shortly --
this has significant improvements to the sunview mode.
dan
		    O'Reilly && Associates
		argv at sun.com / argv at ora.com
	   632 Petaluma Ave, Sebastopol, CA 95472
     800-338-NUTS, in CA: 800-533-NUTS, FAX 707-829-0104