(none)

The News System <news> news at adm.BRL.MIL
Thu Feb 8 01:42:49 AEST 1990

To: info-unix

Subject: perl

I am attempting to install perl on a Sperry 5000/80. We have two
processors, 16 meg memory, plenty of disk, and we are running System V.3.

When I did the configure, I took the defaults on some settings I was not
sure of. The problem is I get an undefined symbol vfork in eval.c and
the make bombs. eval.c also gives a complier message of too many
arguments and ignores the -O.

BTW when I ran patch on patch1, patch hangs. I am not sure if my patch
program is corrupt or if the configure was wrong on it. Patch compiled
succesfully but this is the first time I used in on a System V box.

Any help or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Norm Frech ( frech at MWRAAA.ARMY.MIL )