file system fragmentation

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Mon Feb 12 09:41:09 AEST 1990

  You don't want to run fsck on ANY mounted filesystem. This is why
xenix provides the -rr (recover root) option to sync, unmount, clean,
and remount in one swell foop.

  I don't know if you can use the -S option with -rr, but I would not
run fsck on root without the -rr option, or the in core tables can get
out of phase with the disk.
--
	bill davidsen - sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX
davidsen at sixhub.uucp		...!uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen

"Getting old is bad, but it beats the hell out of the alternative" -anon