Downloading (Part 2)

Doug Lucy dlucy at tropez.UUCP
Fri Feb 16 01:53:18 AEST 1990

In Message <5666 at udccvax1.acs.udel.EDU>, william at vax1.acs.udel.EDU (William H. York) writes:

> I am using Procom version 2.4.2... download protocol is xmodem on the vax
> [having trouble]

The ZMODEM protocol is available in source code for Unix and VAX. Using this
on the host and the DSZ (MS-DOS ZMODEM) as an external protocol to Procomm
will do wonders for your transfers (faster, error recovery, crash recovery,
more resilient to garbage, your parents will actually _like_ the next girl
you bring home, etc). In alll seriousness, we use Procomm to u/l and d/l to
Unix and VMS hosts. The file your looking for is something like rzsz0303 and
includes a _pre-compiled_ version for the VAX!

--

  "It's such a fine line between clever..."     < Doug Lucy           DC Pro >
  "...and stupid."                              < uucp:   uunet!tropez!dlucy >