Downloading (Part 2)

Dan Schein - Guest schein at cbmvax.commodore.com
Wed Feb 14 04:44:58 AEST 1990

In Message <5666 at udccvax1.acs.udel.EDU>, william at vax1.acs.udel.EDU (William H. York) writes:

>I am using Procom version 2.4.2, running a Leading Edge with an internal
>Hayes 1200 modem, my local (pc) line settings are 1200,E,7,1.
>The most common download protocol I use is xmodem on the vax.  Procedure
>is basically 'xmodem -sb <filename> ;  [pg-dn] (to dowload in procomm)
>select the protocol, then type the lename and away it goes...
>When the file is received to my local sys it does not function properly,
>(ie executable file lock up the whole sys, and zip file do not unzip well)
>Suggestions have been made regarding parity and word length settings...
>I checked most of these, but have still not successfully downloaded an
>excutable file effectively.

 I use Procomm to up/dwn-load files from my Unix box on a regular basis.
 My settings are 8-N-1 (stay away from 7-E-1 if you can) and I always
 transfer archived files. Currently I have ARC and ZOO for both Unix and
 MS-DOS so this is real handy. I find that it has always resulted in a
 file of the correct length. Ive tried both Xmodem and Kermit - call me
 old fashioned but Kermit is my personal choice.

 Good Luck!

 Sneakers

--
 Dan "Sneakers" Schein	                   Here: sneakers at cbmvax
 Guest @ Commodore International Ltd. ____ Home: sneakers%heimat at commodore.com