Memory Allocation

Cheryl Lindsey cheryl at bluemtn.uucp
Wed Feb 7 05:58:40 AEST 1990

 I am allocating pointers right and left and after a
certain point the program will not allow me to allocate any more.

I have tried to compile using the -LARGE
option to get a large model memory,
only I get this response

I am using a make file that looks like the following:

#
#

OBJ = sumphero.o miracle.o rdfiles.o srt.o mathfunc.o

CFLAGS = -LARGE

sumph:	$(OBJ)
	cc $(CFLAGS) $(OBJ) -o sumphero

$(OBJ):	sumphero.h structs.h macdef.h

The environment I am using is SCO UNIX System V/386 release 3.2.0
on an IBM PS/2 Model 70 386.  (Customer supplied not company choice.)

If anyone has an idea on how to be able to allocate more space, I would
love to hear it.

Also, some of the pointers I am allocating are to large structures,
to to the real stuff.

After about 400K bytes allocated the program quits allocating space.
Is there some way around this.

Thanks,
Cheryl Lindsey

..!uunet!emory!bluemtn!cheryl