Is there an EDT editor for Unix systems?

ekuns at zodiac.rutgers.edu ekuns at zodiac.rutgers.edu
Wed Jan 17 00:51:52 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jan12.035136.2081 at world.std.com>, madd at world.std.com (jim frost) writes:
> lss at babcock.cerc.wvu.wvnet.edu (Linda S. Saus) writes:
>>From article <680 at dftsrv.gsfc.nasa.gov>, by packer at chrpserv.gsfc.nasa.gov (Charles Packer):
>>> Does there exist a screen-oriented editor that runs
>>> under Unix on a Sun, for example, but looks to the user
>>> like the VAX-VMS editor EDT?

One product I haven't seen mentioned is EDT8, by a company called acceler8.
I've been using it for a while, and it seems quite close to EDT.  (I haven't
run into a difference yet, except that on some systems, you can't use ^Z to get
out of screen mode.  But that's probably my ineptness at figuring out stty!)
This company also sells a product DCL8, a VAX/VMS DCL-like shell for UNIX, and
LIB8, to emulate the VAX/VMS run-time libraries.  I haven't used either of the
two myself.
--

|              | bitnet: EKuns at zodiac             | 2005 Tall Oaks Drive #2A |