REVISED: How do I send e-mail to lots of users at a remote unix site?

Ed Anselmo Anselmo-Ed at cs.yale.edu
Fri Jun 1 09:40:33 AEST 1990

>Write postmaster at at.that.site.  Tell him/her that you are looking for
>an alias that people that want general announcements are on.

Kartik> Isn't mailing msgs at hostname the standard thing to do when you
Kartik> want all of the people on the site to see your message?

In a word -- No.

Like the man said, ask the postmaster at the site for an alias
suitable for general announcements.  Better yet, ask if there's a mail
alias that will be gatewayed into a local newsgroup.
--
Ed Anselmo   anselmo-ed at cs.yale.edu   {harvard,decvax}!yale!anselmo-ed