AT&T UNIX System V/386

Derek E. Terveer det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG
Thu Jun 14 18:03:18 AEST 1990

In article <23566 at adm.BRL.MIL> RSPELLMAN at bat.bates.edu writes:
> [...] WD1003-RAH controller.  The controller and drive are RLL.  The bios
> doesn't have a drive type that corresponds with the drive.
> When I install UNIX, it will only format the first 614 cylinders.
> [..] it croaks when trying to format the 615th cylinder.
> Is there some way I can get UNIX to use the whole drive?

If it is a relatively recent controller, it should have its own bios and menu
program built into the card.  This is the case with the wd1006v card.  Try
booting a dos floppy and then type:

A> debug
g=cc00:5

and see if you get a menu.  If you *do* get a menu, one of the choices should
be the specification of drive parameters (perhaps disk type #1).  Of course,
you should check out the USER'S guide that should accompany the controller or
you can order one from western digital by calling 1-800-356-5787.

derek
--
Derek Terveer		det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG