TERMCAP environment variable. (I am going to get flamed for this).

Jonathan I. Kamens jik at athena.mit.edu
Tue Jun 5 18:21:47 AEST 1990

In article <quan.644391709 at sol>, quan at sol.surv.utas.oz (Stephen Quan) writes:
|> I known I am going to get flamed for this one, so I just say that I
|> can expect someone from around the corner to tell me to RTFM.
|> (RTFM almost = Read the Fine Manual).

  OK, since you expect it, I'll do it.  RTFM.

|> Can someone explain the parameters, I just need to know the essential
|> ones are to get vi going.  At the moment we have one but sometimes it
|> plays up on me, so have to constantly redraw -  I would like to have
|> a go making my own.

  Have you looked at the man page termcap(5)?  It very clearly describes
what the entries in /etc/termcap mean, how to format them, and which
ones are the most important in any termcap entry.  Any attempt by
someone on the net to answer your question would probably just be an
attempt to summarize in less space what is already contained in the man page.

  If you don't have the man page at your site, let me know in E-mail and
I'll mail you a copy.  But you should.

Jonathan Kamens			              USnail:
MIT Project Athena				11 Ashford Terrace
jik at Athena.MIT.EDU				Allston, MA  02134
Office: 617-253-8495			      Home: 617-782-0710