silly question about passwd failing

3929 gilstrap at swbatl.sbc.com
Sat Mar 17 00:57:02 AEST 1990

Okay, I should probably know this, but I'm not familiar with Xenix version
2.2.3 to any real degree.  When anyone tries to change their password, the
message "temporary file is busy; try again later" (or something very close to
that) appears.  Unfortunately, we don't have a complete set of manuals here
(don't ask *me*, I just got involved with this project) so it's probably
documented in one of the manuals we don't have.  If someone would email (I
don't usually read this particular group) a pointer to the solution or the
solution itself, I'll happily shut up :-).

Thanks in advance,
Brian R. Gilstrap
uucibg at swbatl.uucp OR ...!{ texbell, uunet }!swbatl!uucibg