BASIC for UNIX?

Jay A. Konigsberg jak at sactoh0.UUCP
Sun Mar 4 10:57:50 AEST 1990

In article <204 at pcssc.UUCP> dma at pcssc.UUCP (Dave Armbrust) writes:
>There is a comercial version of BASIC available for SCO Xenix/Unix and
>other version of UNIX.  The name of the product is Workstation Basic
>and is avaiable from:

>As far as BASIC goes this is a fully function version based on the
>BASIC used by the IBM 36.  There are alot a better languages like
>C ect. and I highly recomend these over ANY version of BASIC.

I would agree that BASIC is generally not the best language.
However, if one MUST use BASIC, look at BBx from Basis Inc. It
includes all of the necessary structures that make it useful and
includes lots of file structures to make development easy.

Even though I know this language, I also prefer C for its
flexibility and useability, but there are those...