Codata help wanted

Phil Hughes fyl at fylz.UUCP
Wed Mar 7 14:58:46 AEST 1990

In article <33147 at prls.UUCP>, gordon at prls.UUCP (Gordon Vickers) writes:
> In article <27485 at cup.portal.com> Azog-Thoth at cup.portal.com (William Thomas Daugustine) writes:
> >
> >I have a machine, a Codata model 3300, and am in need of help for it!

>    These were once manufactured right down the street from us but the
>   company "dissapeared" without warning one day. Rumor was that they were
>   purchased by Contel but I was not able to find anyone at Contel that had
>   heard of them.

I have talked to Contel in Torrance, CA many times about the 3300.
They certainly did exist.  The company I was working for at the time
was buying the box and CPU board.  Contel refused to sell anything
except the complete system (including UNIX -- we were using it for an
embedded product) so we took our business elsewhere.

>    If it worked when shelved but not afterwards, prehaps you need only blow
>   the dust out of it and I believe there was a battery for the time of day
>   clock, it there was, replace the battery maybe it's prohibiting a much
>   needed interupt.

Not true. The 3300 would forget the time just fine.  The box is
composed of some rather stock boards - the cpu is the SUN (Stanford
User Network) board used by lots of vendors at the time.  Memory is
generally Intel.  Communications board is Central Data.  The funny
boards were the floppy and hard disk controllers.  Developed by
Liberty Bay Computing in Poulsbo, WA.  Software was from Unisoft.

--
Phil Hughes - FYL - 8315 Lk City Wy NE - Suite 207 - Seattle, WA 98115
	(206)526-2919 or LAMB-919 for the strange