VMS->UNIX [VMSBACKUP]

Chuck Lambros cpl at ednor.bbc.com
Fri Mar 30 01:00:34 AEST 1990

In article <1990Mar28.155558.21498 at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> jgodsil at ncsa.uiuc.edu (Joseph Godsil) writes:

>I have an old version of John Douglas Carey's and Sven-Ove Westberg's
>vmsbackup utility.  Is there a _newer_ version available?  The one
>I have must be 3/4 years old and seems to read older VMS tapes but
>has problems with newer versions [of VMS].
>
>Any info would be appreciated!
>
>Thanks in advance,
>

>Joseph M. Godsil  (jgodsil at ncsa.uiuc.edu)
>National Center for Supercomputing Applications
>

>--
>
>   Joseph M. Godsil  (jgodsil at ncsa.uiuc.edu)
>   National Center for Supercomputing Applications

My company has available a full featured utility to read and write VMS
backup tapes.  It is presently operational on several Unix platforms.
It reads and writes VMS backup save sets which are compatible with
version 5.0 and greater of VMS.  Unlike the public domain version of
vmsbackup, our product (Vbackup) utilizes VMS style CRC checking to
recover from minor problems found on the source tape.

For more information please contact the sales department of my
company:

	Boston Business Computing
	3 Dundee Park
	Andover, MA  01810
	(508) 470-0444

--
Chuck Lambros                                   Boston Business Computing, Ltd.
cpl at ednor.bbc.com