VMS->UNIX [VMSBACKUP]

Kevin Paul Herbert kph at dirt.cisco.com
Fri Mar 30 11:38:43 AEST 1990

Does Vbackup know how to properly parse backup set attributes, or does
it assume that they come in some particular order, as does the public
domain version? The reason that I ask is that someone asked me on
comp.os.rsts recently if there is a good way to read RSTS/E backup sets
on Unix, and I looked at VMSBACK and discovered that there was no way
that it would work. RSTS/E backup sets use the same format as VMS,
although there are some additional record types and attributes, and many
of the attributes that VMS writes RSTS doesn't.

Kevin