Mark Williams COHERENT OS ?

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.uucp
Thu Mar 22 00:15:25 AEST 1990

In article <437 at eds1.UUCP> jdm1 at eds1.UUCP (Jon McCown) writes:

>COHERENT *NIX CLONE FROM MARK WILLIAMS?
>
>Dr. Dobbs of this past month contained an ad for a *nix clone from Mark
>Williams Software, priced at $99.95.  According to the ad the system
>includes what is commonly known as the "development system" and "basic
>networking utilities" (uucp et. al.)  From the ad's wording it sounds as
>though the OS runs in protected mode (286/386 only).
>
>The price of the offering is such that it sounds attractive for a home
>environment, but I wanted to 'sound the depths' and see if any users or
>other potential users had comments.   Info please, I will summarize.

This sounds great.  If it has RFS or it can be added then it just might
make *nix a real contender for the medium size business market.  Just
hang a few 286's off a big *nix system and instant network.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain (darcy at druid)     |   Thank goodness we don't get all
D'Arcy Cain Consulting             |   the government we pay for.