ANSI header files

Dennis S. Breckenridge root at nebulus.UUCP
Fri Mar 30 00:58:56 AEST 1990

In article <1990Mar28.144531.12008 at druid.uucp> darcy at druid.UUCP (D'Arcy J.M. Cain) writes:
> sort of OK but they don't have prototypes.  I have been slowly upgrading
                                              --------> WOW <----------
> the header files to be more ANSI compliant so that they work with gcc
> better.

Darcy, if you arbitrarily stomp on /usr/include with the ANSI C or gcc
header files you probably will get to a point where your kernel will
not compile and link. There are *MANY* dependencies on the various
XENIXisms found all over the place. TIOCGWINSZ is the one that frags
me all the time. If you use some of the net programs like "rn" that
take best guess at thier environment they find all kinds of axymorons
and try to build a XENIX - SYSV version of rn. I would put the gcc
headers in ~include/gcc and then add -I/usr/include/gcc to the compile
line.