VT100 emulation information needed

Dylan Kaufman morgan at chaos.cs.brandeis.edu
Tue May 8 13:45:36 AEST 1990

Hi,

I am trying to find out as much as I can about vt100 and emulation
thereof.  What I am trying to do is to write a small terminal
mode package in TURBO Pascal for my IBM compatible with which I will
connect to my school's unix system.

I have the User Guide for VT100 from digital, but I have never written
something to emulate a terminal, and I have only a few vague ideas of
how to do it.

Any information sources or suggestions of how to go about this projet
would be appreciated.  Please mail them to me directly, and I will
post a summary to the net at a latter date.

By the way, assume that I have the source for the communications
routines, and don't need any more help with that (which I don't).  All
I am looking for is information on how to go about parsing and
effecting the emulation...

Thank you in advance,

			     -<>Dylan<>-

		     morgan at chaos.cs.brandeis.edu