Stupid UNIX command syntax (Re: Stupidest UNIX Command)

Dan Kogai c60c-3cf at e260-3f.berkeley.edu
Sun May 6 09:35:49 AEST 1990

In article <7Z739XAxds13 at ficc.uu.net> peter at ficc.uu.net (Peter da Silva) writes:
>In article <747 at mwtech.UUCP> martin at mwtech.UUCP (Martin Weitzel) writes
>about an innofensive program called "uniq".
>> But there is something that allways annoys me. If you
>> don't know right now, take a look at the manual.
>> Maybe this will pay some day ....
>
>You mean, the way if you have files named a and b, and you say "uniq ?",
>it will trash "b"? Indent does it too. It's really a sick idea.

	But at least indent makes backup!  Uniq just kills it.  But it's
not hard to implement uniq an make it safe.  Well, I don't use uniq as
often as grep|sed and never killed file by that...

---
##################  Dan The "I grok therefore I am God" Man
+ ____  __  __   +  (Aka Dan Kogai)
+     ||__||__|  +  E-mail:     dankg at ocf.berkeley.edu
+ ____| ______   +  Voice:      415-549-6111
+ |     |__|__|  +  USnail:     1730 Laloma Berkeley, CA 94709
+     |____|____ +  Disclaimer: I'd rather be blackmailed for my long .sig
+   \_|    |     +              than give up my cool name in Kanji. And my
+ <- THE MAN  -> +              citizenship of People's Republic o' Berkeley
##################              has nothing 2 do w/ whatever I post, ThanQ.