sccs error msg

Nick Crossley ndjc at ccicpg.UUCP
Thu May 31 08:43:44 AEST 1990

In article <1990May30.013209.3786 at virtech.uucp> cpcahil at virtech.UUCP (Conor P. Cahill) writes:
>	co11: "Clock may be set wrong!"
>	The time of day may be set wrong.
>	Check the current time with the "date" command.
>	If it is wrong, contact your local UNIX support group immediately!
>	(This message is produced whenever the difference between
>	the current date and the creation date of the newest delta in
>	the SCCS file is greater than one year.)

I have always thought this check is silly.  There *ARE* programs which
do not have to be modified every year!  And why is sccs trying to check
the system clock?  If sccs does it, why not all utilities?

	$ cat /1988/accounts/summary
	cat: warning: clock may be set wrong!

<<< standard disclaimers >>>
Nick Crossley, ICL NA, 9801 Muirlands, Irvine, CA 92718-2521, USA 714-458-7282
uunet!ccicpg!ndjc  /  ndjc at ccicpg.UUCP