Forms maker for Unix

Larry Williamson larry at focsys.uucp
Fri May 25 12:52:01 AEST 1990

In article <2200 at dsacg3.dsac.dla.mil> Jared McNeal writes:

	     I'm looking for a program that can be used to design forms
   on the Unix system.  The program should be able to do math and other
   calculations.  I't should allow you to design any type of form and print
   the form(sideways if possible) with no problems.

We've been looking for just such a beast. We've found a few that may
be appropriate for your needs.

"Vermont Views" from Vermont Creative Software, (802) 848-7731
"JAM" from Jyacc,  New York                     (212) 267-7722
"Cscape" from Oakland Group, Cambridge, MA.     (617) 491-7311

The first two advertize in Unix world or Unix Review. There was a
review in April's Unix Review of these two packages.

All three have nifty dos demos that show what they can do. They all
have versions for dos, unix, xenix, and others. We wanted one that had
a QNX version. Only Cscape seems to have this. Check them out, they
all look good. They are all reasonably priced.

-Larry