Rich $alz is still alive ??!!!??!!

Marcus J. Ranum mjr at hussar.dco.dec.com
Tue Nov 27 04:03:47 AEST 1990

In article <971 at iiasa.UUCP> wnp%iiasa at relay.eu.net (wolf paul) writes:

>I know of at least one individual (doug at letni.lonestar.org) who
>offered to relieve Mr. Salz if the latter was too busy to continue. I
>understand that this offer was not even dignified by a response from
>Mr. Salz, yet things have not improved.

	So start a vote to remove comp.sources.unix from the usenet
hierarchy, and then start a vote to create a new moderated group
called comp.sources.unix.  :)

	Seriously, comp.sources.unix is a great thing to point to
when showing how useful usenet is, technically - it's a shame that
that resource hasn't been as, er, resourceful of late. It stands
to reason that if Rich is too busy to handle c.s.u., maybe he's
too busy to answer all the mail he (doubtless) gets about it - so
don't credit to rudeness what may be simply overload.

	Is there a procedure in the Mighty Usenet Guidelines (that
are trumpeted so mightily in comp.unix.wizards) for voting in a new
moderator ? I've sent Rich mail before (I had something in the queue
for about 4 months, last year - that I finally posted elsewhere) and
I'm sure he's aware there are a lot of people who would like to see
sources again.

mjr.
--
	Good software will grow smaller and faster as time goes by and
the code is improved and features that proved to be less useful are