Telnet and downloading files

David Sewell dsew at uhura.cc.rochester.edu
Sun Nov 4 12:55:54 AEST 1990

   My intuition is that the answer to this is "no," but I'm just not
sure.
   If I log in to a local Unix host through a dial-in connection,
and then use telnet to connect to a remote site, is it possible to
download a file to my PC using the telnet site's communication
program (e.g. Zmodem?).  Or will the telnet link foul things up?
(I realize I can use ftp to get files to my local machine; I'm
wondering whether it's theoretically possible to do it the other way.)
--
David Sewell, English Dep't, University of Rochester, New York USA
dsew at uhura.cc.rochester.edu || dsew%uhura.cc.rochester.edu at uorvm.BITNET