Rich $alz is still alive ??!!!??!! (Was: Re: What should a new UUCP protocol do?)

Laird J. Heal laird at chinet.chi.il.us
Sun Nov 25 03:39:06 AEST 1990

In article <964 at iiasa.UUCP> wnp%iiasa at relay.eu.net (wolf paul) writes:
>In article <2992 at litchi.bbn.com> rsalz at bbn.com (Rich Salz) writes:

>>Please send comp.sources.unix-related mail to rsalz at uunet.uu.net.
>>Use a domain-based address or give alternate paths, or you may lose out.
>                                                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>So what difference does a domain-based
>address make?

I bet that it means that the aforementioned Mr. Salz is to busy to sort
out getting a bounced message home, and that he trusts his Internet host
to get it to its proper place.  You lose out when he tries to respond
only to find that you'd mailed him down a one-way street.  att, for
example, is listed by pitt in the u.usa.pa maps as "the world's biggest
leaf node" because they normally deny forwarding privileges to mail.>

--
Laird J. Heal                           The Usenet is dead!
Home:  laird at slum.mv.com (Salem, NH)    Long Live the Usenet!
Away:  laird at chinet.chi.il.us