Would this (multi-person talk) be of use to anyone?

Bill White bwhite at oucsace.cs.ohiou.edu
Fri Oct 5 03:54:22 AEST 1990

	I'm in the late-development and early-programming stage of a
multi-person equivalent of talk.  Basically, it involves a daemon that
is very similar to ntalkd, with a few differences (notably, it doesn't
have a "canned" message to give to the user).  The program operates in
several modes, depending upon how many people are up, and local system
usage, so that the best use of resources can be made.  I have several
questions however; if you have advice, please give it (preferrably by
mail unless you have a topic you wish to discuss that may be of some
interest).

	- Should I use udp as talk/talkd does, or should I use tcp?

	- What socket protocol should I use; should I use out-of-band
data for control transmission, or is OOB data unreliable?

	- How often should the program check the load?

Additional suggestions are welcome.  In particular, does this sound like
something anyone would use or want?

|   Bill White			Internet: bwhite at oucsace.cs.ohiou.edu	|
|	THE FIFTH RULE:							|
|		You have taken yourself too seriously.			|