Would this (multi-person talk) be of use to anyone?

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.uucp
Sat Oct 6 00:26:05 AEST 1990

In article <2044 at oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU> bwhite at oucsace.cs.ohiou.edu (Bill White ) writes:

>	I'm in the late-development and early-programming stage of a
>multi-person equivalent of talk.  Basically, it involves a daemon that
>is very similar to ntalkd, with a few differences (notably, it doesn't
>have a "canned" message to give to the user).  The program operates in
>several modes, depending upon how many people are up, and local system
>usage, so that the best use of resources can be made.  I have several
>questions however; if you have advice, please give it (preferrably by
>mail unless you have a topic you wish to discuss that may be of some
>interest).

I have already done this.  It is called chat and it uses curses to control
the screen.  I have it set up as a message based IPC but the IPC parts
are in separate files so that other schemes could be implemented relativly
easily.  The code was posted to comp.sources.unix.black.hole a few months
back.  If anyone would like to get a copy of this send me mail.  I will
mail it out to you or find some other group to post to if there is enough
response.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain (darcy at druid)     |
D'Arcy Cain Consulting             |   MS-DOS:  The Andrew Dice Clay