Unix software and USSR

Pim Zandbergen pim at cti-software.nl
Fri Sep 28 08:07:58 AEST 1990

>|#	The result should be:  XXcXimKPpq0M.            :-) :-) :-)
>|Funny, when I compile and run this on a sun4 (or a sun3 for that matter)
>|I get:
>|	XX0/imINzSUs.
>|This makes me wonder: who has got the real thing :-).
>|Leendert

>Vadim does, grrrrr. I had exactly the same result. I am in Europe too,
>we have the modified version of the crypt routine because, as mentioned,
>the real version may not be exported outside of the US.
>Ridiculous isn't it?

I have both the international and the (USA) domestic versions of
the crypt library on our System V/386 machine and they both
yield XX0/imINzSUs.

The manual states the only difference between the libraries
is that decryption is not available in the international version.
What's the last word on this subject?
Pim Zandbergen                          domain : pim at cti-software.nl
CTI Software BV                         uucp   : uunet!mcsun!hp4nl!ctisbv!pim
Laan Copes van Cattenburch 70           phone  : +31 70 3542302
2585 GD The Hague, The Netherlands      fax    : +31 70 3512837