Why is my Unix limiting me to 10 semaphores?

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.uucp
Tue Sep 18 12:31:01 AEST 1990

In article <22071 at grebyn.com> ckp at grebyn.UUCP (Checkpoint Technologies) writes:
>  This I understand tells idtune to limit me to a max of 10 semaphores.
>Is this artificial?  Can I change the max to something larger, say 100
>semaphores?  Ten is not enough for the things I'm doing.

For many of the things in the mtune file, someone has picked what they
think is a "reasonable" maximum and not what is really the "true"
maximum.  This is the case with the ULIMIT parameter and probably the
SEMMNI parameter as well.  The only way to know is to change it, rebuild
the kernel, and reboot.

                                                Sterling, VA 22170