Unix software and USSR

Jim Mercer jim at lsuc.on.ca
Fri Sep 28 02:39:17 AEST 1990

In article <807 at sun13.scri.fsu.edu> sandee at sun16.scri.fsu.edu (Daan Sandee) writes:
>You are a little confused. U.S. Dept of Commerce regulations forbid the
>export of the DES encryption algorithm (source, binary, or on paper) outside
>of the U.S. or Canada. There is no reason to restrict Unix source code.
                ^^^^^^
we just recieved our Sys V source license which basically says that there is
a US domestic release and an "international" release.

we, in Canada, are barred from DES as well.

with some minor paper work we could around it.

but, why bother? the source is available all over.

--
[ Jim Mercer  jim at lsuc.On.Ca  || ...!uunet!attcan!lsuc!jim    +1 416 947-5258 ]
[ Systems Facilitator - Law Society of Upper Canada, Toronto, Ontario, CANADA ]