Unix software and USSR

Vadim G. Antonov avg at hq.demos.su
Fri Sep 28 02:57:46 AEST 1990

>> 	Anyway if you don't believe me try to compile and run the following
>> 	program:
>
>> 	The result should be:  XXcXimKPpq0M.            :-) :-) :-)

	Hmmm... It seems to me there are a whole lot of DES versions
	floating around. Secrecy paranoya yielded the fruits: another
	point of incompatibility in Unixes. (If you like to use
	crypt in net programs you should attach your own version of crypt
	instead of system provided one).

	(The comment from the beginning of crypt.c I have:

/*
 * This program implements the
 * Proposed Federal Information Processing
 *  Data Encryption Standard.
 * See Federal Register, March 17, 1975 (40FR12134)
 */

	Hey, agents! Are you listening? :-)

	Vadim Antonov
	DEMOS, Moscow, USSR