lpr

Jeff Marcus marcus at sun-of-smokey.mit.edu
Sun Sep 30 03:18:42 AEST 1990

We are having a problem with the lpr command (used to spool files to a laser printer and
print them.) When we use the -r switch to remove the file after being spooled, a message is printed that the file cannot be removed and it is not removed. There does not appear to be anything weird about the file protection (it is rw for the owner and group). Also, this used to work and has stopped working over the last month or so. If anyone has any ideas, please send me e-mail at marcus at goldilocks.lcs.mit.edu. Thank you.
      Jeff Marcus